Deadline for application is 14 Oct.
Specific tasks for the book-keeper will include:
- Maintaining purchase ledger including recording and preparing creditor payments for sign off by the Finance Director;
- Maintaining sales ledger and credit control function, including raising supplier invoices;
- Working with the Finance Director to produce monthly financial reports for the Directors and Trustees – income and expenditure accounts, cashflow projections, etc;
- Assisting the Living Lens directors in production of periodic and ad hoc budget reports in line with funders’ monitoring requirements and for grant applications.
The Book-keeper will report to the Directors of Living Lens and will also have contact with other members of the Living Lens team. Living Lens, as any small organisation, does not have rigidly defined boundaries to each post and the Book-keeper will be expected to carry out other duties as required.
Living Lens is a small and friendly yet hard-working and fast-moving team. We are at an early stage of development and therefore the post carries a lot of responsibility. The ideal person to fill this role will have the following attributes:
- Sympathy with the aims of Living Lens (see below);
- Numerate and trust-worthy;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft office suite, in particular Excel;
- Experience of preparing financial reports;
- An eye for detail;
- Self-motivation and ability to work as a team.
In appointing staff and volunteers, as in recruiting participants, Living Lens does not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, age, religious beliefs, disability or sexual orientation.
Living Lens values:
- Contribution: knowing everyone can contribute
- Adventure: exploring new opportunities
- Passion: igniting the creative drive
- Durability: what matters endures.
Contact Amy: Tel: 020 7278 5027 E: firstname.lastname@example.org